You have purchased a shiny new Ricoh Theta camera! Good for you! So off you go – make amazing pictures with this great camera.
But wait… How do you make a virtual tour using the Ricoh Theta Camera? Regardless if it is a Ricoh Theta S, SC, V or Z – the basic functionalities are the same so we are going to explain it step by step in the guide below. So you can be on your way to make beautiful and affordable virtual tours in a flash!
Here’s the short guide for the pro’s:
Shoot your images (preferably using HDR)
Upload them to My360 using the My360 App
Open the desktop version
For those that need a bit more information than that (we don’t blame you! – that did go a bit quick!)
Shoot your images using your Ricoh Theta camera
- Make sure HDR is enable for your shoot – click here to learn how
- Place the camera in the center of the room
- Make sure your lenses are clean
- Make sure all the lights are switched on
- Make sure your tripod is level
- Try not to put the camera in view of mirrors, this will save editing at a later stage
- Make sure no people are in the shot – an easy way to check this is to stand next to the camera and do a full 360 turn – see anything untoward? Remove it, the camera will see it too!
- Once happy – leave the room and take the shot
Now save your images to your phone
- In the app, click “cam images” icon and select the images you just shot (some cameras have this automatically enabled, so if you don’t have this option – don’t worry!)
- Save to your photo album (if not already automatically done) – don’t send them to yourself using Whatsapp or Facebook – they tend to reduce the image size
Open the My360 App and create a new profile where you upload the images from your phone
Your images will automatically be uploaded to your My360 account, so you can start creating a tour immediately when you get back to the office.