How to create a virtual tour using the Samsung Gear 360
When Samsung released its Samsung Gear 360 camera in 2017 we could not be more excited. Another affordable 360º camera had hit the market and we could not wait to find out how to create a virtual tour using the Samsung Gear 360.
The camera itself if great, it is very small so fits in the most unusual places and it is easy to handle. Though the image quality is not as good as the Ricoh Theta SC or V, it still outputs very decent images that you can use for your Real Estate Marketing.
So how do you create a virtual tour with the Samsung Gear 360?
Firstly, you need a software that allows you to build virtual tours like the My360 software. It allows you to upload your images straight from your phone into the software where you can the proceed with the creation of your virtual tour. You can also use a windows computer or your apple mac to upload the images, so if you have no battery (or internet) left on your phone, don’t worry, you still get to make beautiful interactive virtual tours!
Another thing you need to be aware of is that you will need to process your images before you can upload them anywhere.
The Samsung Gear by default gives you a raw image, which is great if you are into “manual stitching” but whoever’s got time for that these days right!
So, without further ado, here’s the steps you need to take to start building a beautiful interactive virtual tour in minutes using your Samsung Gear 360 camera:
Here’s a quick guide for those amongst you who’ve been here before:
- Open your apps on your mobile device
- Choose “Samsung gear 360”
- Choose the “gear 360” tab
- Choose the image you would like to stitch (process)
- Open the My360 App
- Click “+new”
- Complete the form
- Click “+spheres”
- Upload your spheres
- Go to My360 on your desktop
- Create a virtual tour!
All done! – here’s the same again but now with images:
1. Using your mobile device click on the home screen and touch “apps”:
2. Touch “Samsung Gear 360”:
3. Touch the “GEAR 360 tab”:
4. Touch the image you would like to stitch (process):
5. Touch Save:
6. Your stitched files are now under the “mobile device” tab (or in your photo gallery):
7. Now open the My360 App on your phone and click “add new” ( click to download the my360 app for free from the apple store or Google Play Store):
8. Complete the details and click “create”:
9. Click on “Add Spheres”:
10. Click on “select spheres” and then choose “gallery”:
11. Choose your images (max 15 at a time) and click “upload”:
12. WAIT FOR THE UPLOAD TO FINISH!
13. Now click on “close” and wait for the images to process (this could take up to 5 minutes depending on the traffic at that moment) You should see your images under the spheres tab. (if you don’t see it, go back to mm management and click on the profile you just created):
14. You can click on each sphere to see it in 360º
15. Now when you get back to the office, your images will be loaded in the My360 Platform on your desktop and you can start creating your virtual tour!
Of course if you would like to upload your images direct to the My360 software using your PC or laptop, then just follow the steps until step 7 and create a profile in My360 to upload the images there.
So now you know how to create a virtual tour using the Samsung Gear 360. Of course you can use any 360º camera with the My360 software including the Ricoh Theta or any DSLR camera. Which camera do you use to make your virtual tours? Let us know in the comments below!